FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR REPAIRING OF HOUSE OF ESM/WIDOWS, DAMAGED IN NATURAL DISASTER
Because of limited financial resources available to an ESM or their widow or orphan, it is very difficult for them to repair their house when ravaged by natural calamity. In cases of wide spread natural calamities, State and Central Govts step in and provide
financial assistance for rehabilitation and rebuilding. However, in case of the localized events like damage due to isolated landslide, such aid may not be forthcoming or timely. In order to provide some financial assistance for repair of house, a grant is
provided by the KSB Sectt to eligible orphan daughter of all ranks and 100% disabled ESM/ widow. This scheme was started in 1981 with an amount of2,500/, which was revised in May 2007 to Rs 20,000/- .
The aim of this scheme is to provide financial assistance for repair of house to an orphaned daughter of all ranks and 100% disabled ESM/widow up to the rank of Havildar/equiv whose house has been damaged in natural calamity.
For the House Repair out of AFFDF is provided at a rate of Rs.20,000/- (max) to orphan daughter of all ranks 100% disabled ESM/widow of ESM upto the rank of Havildar / equivalent whose house is damaged by natural calamity.( payable in one installment).
The following criteria must be fulfilled:-
- (a) Applicant must be an orphan daughter of all ranks.
- (b) Should be 100% disabled ESM/widow upto the rank of Havildar/equivalent.
- (c) House should have been damaged as result of a natural calamity notified by the Centre/State Govts only.
- (d) Should be recommended by respective Zila Sainik Board (ZSB) and Rajya SainikBoard (RSB).
Application should be made on prescribed format with recommendation of respective ZSWO on it. A specimen application format is placed at Annexure 1. Copies of following documents duly attested by ZSWO must accompany the application:-
- (a) Service Discharge Certificate/Book.
- (b) House Ownership Certificate.
- (c) Certificate from the State Govt/Revenue officials regarding cause of damage and estimated loss.
- (d) Notification issued by the Central or State Govt declaring that the damage is due to a natural calamity.
- (e) 100% Disability Certificate (for ESM/widow).
- (f) Death Certificate of parents (for orphaned daughter).
- (g) A certificate from applicant that he/she has not received any compensation or aid from the Govt for the damage.
- (h) Details of Bank A/c No (in PNB/SBI only) and IFS Code.
Channel of Application
The application must be submitted by eligible orphan daughter orESM / widow at his or her respective ZSB. ZSWO will scrutinize the application and If found correct in all respects, will it forward (hard copy as well as in digital format) to concern RSB.
If found meeting QRs, RSB will forward it to the KSB Sectt for payment.
Processing at KSB
On receipt in the Welfare Section at KSB Sectt, the applications will be filed in order of their receipt. The Section-in-Charge will assign these applications to a particular clerk to enter/check relevant data from the applications onto computer. Another
clerk will be designated to check correctness of the entries. The Section-in-Charge will also verify the same and put up printed list to Jt Dir (Welfare). Such applications pertaining to AFFDF will be moved for sanction of the Competent Authority in one lot,
preferably on a quarterly basis.
After approval of Competent Authority, the applications will be processed for making payments. After verifying the ESM's service number, name, bank account no, bank's IFS Code and address, the Welfare Section will forward the approved list to Accounts Section
to make the payments directly via ECS.