FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR PROCUREMENT OF MOBILITY EQUIPMENT FOR DISABLED ESM (ALL RANKS)
The Armed Forces personnel, by virtue of their work style, are physically fit.Even after their retirement, most of them continue to be engaged in physically challenging activities/work. Some of them unfortunately become handicapped due to accident etc after
their retirement and need mobility equipment such as modified scooter, crutches and wheel chair to carry on with their life. To procure mobility requirements, the KSB provides financial assistance to disabled ESM from AFFDF.
The aim of this aid gratis is to provide financial assistance for procurement of modified scooter for those ESM, who are disabled after their retirement from service with disability of 50% or more.
Out of AFFDF is provided upto a maximum of Rs. 57,500/- per ESM, who are disabled after their service with disability of 50% or more.
The following criteria must be fulfilled:-
- (a) Applicant must be ESM disabled after retirement from the service with disability of50% or more, and not covered under similar scheme of the Army/Navy/Air Force.
- (b) Should be recommended by respective Zila Sainik Board (ZSB).
- (c) Should be capable of personally utilizing the mobility equipment so provided.
Application should be made on the prescribed application format withre commendation of concerned Zila Sainik Welfare Officer (ZSWO) on it. A specimen application form is placed Annexure 1. Copies of the following documents duly attested by concern ZSWO must
accompany the application:-
- (a) Complete Discharge Book/Document/Certificate.
- (b) ESM Identity Card.
- (c) Documentary evidence showing nature of activity in which disabled.
- (d) Disability Certificate issued by Armed Forces Medical Authority, indicating nature of disability and recommended procurement of mobility equipment.
- (e) Financial estimate for modified scooter from an authorized dealer indicating type,make and specifications of the mobility equipment.
- (f) Details of Bank A/c No (in PNB/SBI only) and IFS Code.
Channel of Application
The application must be submitted by an eligible ESM at the respective ZSB. ZSWO will scrutinize the application and if found correct in all respects, will forward it directly to KSB Sectt for payment.
Processing at KSB Sectt.
On receipt at KSB Sectt, the Welfare Section-in-Charge will assign the application to a particular clerk who will enter desired data from the applications in to computer. Another clerk will be designated to check correctness of the entries. The Section-in-Charge
will verify the same and put up the case in relevant file for processing to JD(Welfare) who will obtain approval of Secretary, KSB.
After approval of Secretary, KSB, the application will be processed for payment by the Welfare Section. After verifying the ESM's service number, name, banker's IFS Code and bank account number, etc, the Welfare Section will issue payment instructions to
the Accounts Section for payment to concerned RSB via ECS for procurement and supply of the mobility equipment to the applicant.
Acknowledgement of Payment
On receipt of payment, Secy RSB will confirm procurement of modified scooter and delivery of the same to beneficiary to KSB.