FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO NON-PENSIONER ESM FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT (UPTO RANK OF HAVILDAR/EQUIVALENT)
All the pensioners of Armed Forces have been provided medical cover compulsorily under ECHS wef 01 Apr 2008. However, non-pensioner ESM who were sent out of services early in their life due to organizational constraints or discharged at their own request
have no such medical cover. With ever increasing costs of health care, it becomes extremely difficult for non-pensioner ESM to combat diseases especially in old age. At such age, medical expenses push such ESM into a state of poverty and loss of dignity. The
scheme to provide financial assistance to non-pensioners, who are without any other sources of income and in state of penury,was started in year 1981 with an amount depending upon nature and gravity of ailment. This was last revised in May 2007 with onetime
grant of Rs 30,000/-.
The aim of this aid gratis is to provide financial assistance to non-pensioner ESM or their widow to meet routine medical expenses during the year.
For the medical treatment out of AFFDF is provided up to a maximum of Rs.30,000/- per year per eligible ESM/widow, in a financial year. The expenditure incurred on treatment of various serious ailments is covered under a separate scheme.
The following criteria must be fulfilled:-
- (a) Applicant must be a non-pensioner ESM or his widow.
- (b) Should be of rank Havildar/equivalent and below.
- (c) Should be recommended by respective Zila Sainik Board (ZSB).
- (d) Expenditure must be incurred at recognized government hospitals at rates approved under CGHS/ ECHS.
Application should be made in prescribed format with recommendation of ZilaSainik Welfare Officer (ZSWO) on it. A specimen application form is placed at Annexure 1. Copies of following documents duly attested by ZSWO must accompany the application:-
- (a) Discharge book/documents.
- (b) I-Card issued by ZSB is must both for ESM & widows.
- (c) Original medical bills countersigned by the attending doctor.
- (d) Hospital discharge summary countersigned by attending doctor.
- (e) A certificate from the applicant stating that he/she has not taken any money/grant from the State or present employer in the form of reimbursement or medical allowance.
- (f) Details of Bank A/c No (in PNB/SBI only) and IFS Code.
Channel of Application
The application must be submitted by an eligible ESM/widow at respective ZSB. ZSWO will scrutinize the application and If found correct, will forward all such applications (hard and soft copies) on a monthly basis to the KSB Sectt for processing.
Processing at KSB Sectt
On receipt in Welfare Section at KSB Sectt, the applications will be filed in order of receipt. The Section-in-Charge will assign these applications to a particular clerk to enter/check relevant data from the applications on computer. Another clerk will
be designated to check correctness of the entries. The Section-in-Charge will verify the same and put up the printed list for approval of Jt Dir (Welfare). Such applications pertaining to AFFDF will be moved for sanction of competent authority in one lot,
preferably on a quarterly basis.
After approval of the applications, list of the approved cases will be verified by the Welfare Section for payment. After verifying the service no, name, bank's IFS Code and Account number of beneficiaries, the Welfare Section will forward the approved list
to the Accounts Section for payments, which will make the payments directly to the beneficiaries via ECS or by an account payee cheque.
An applicant may apply for the medical grant again during the same year subject to the ceiling of Rs 30,000/- maximum in a financial year.